So you have a Facebook page that only has a few hundred likes to boast of? Well, too bad because you are definitely missing out a lot with such a low number of likes. If you haven’t heard, increasing your Facebook page likes or followers can have numerous benefits: They include:
• Increasing your news feed visibility (your page will most likely appear first on Facebook search result),
• Bringing in more traffic to your website/blog
• Making your posts go viral
• A sign of Social proof- people are more likely to like and interact if they see more likes on your page
• More engaged users- Recent research indicates that people who click the like button more are the most engaged Facebook users compared to those who don’t like
• More revenue- Facebook users who like more spend more money online than those who don’t like
That being said, let’s have a look at some useful tips on
how to get likes on Facebook page.
1. Post Great Content that is Shareable
Facebook users absolutely love sharing content they feel is great and helpful. When the friends of your fans see shared content, they are also going to share it and most likely “like” your page. So try and create content that will garner more likes for your fan page.
2. Use Good Quality Images and Memes
Recent research found that a Facebook post containing an image or meme is more likely to get 53% more likes, 104% more comments, and 83% more click-throughs. So it advisable to consider using images- relevant images in your posts.
3. Be Consistent
Your Facebook fan page will lose its glory if it has less activity throughout the week. Facebook users want frequent updates and posts to keep them engaged. Try to be consistent by posting at least 5 times a week. If possible, post every single day. This will get you more likes in return.
4. Post at the Right Time
Experts recommend posting at between 1- 4 p.m as chances of getting click-throughs are high. The peak time to post is 3 p.m on Wednesday. Avoid posting before 8 a.m, and 8 p.m during weekdays and after 8 p.m during the weekends- you might end up being disappointed by the number of likes you will get. So timing is crucial.
5. Keep it Short
Don’t go about posting lengthy posts- they can be boring and most people only log into their accounts for a short period. So keep it short as it will be much quicker to read and people will actually read and share it, which will further attract more followers and likes.
6. Use Giveaways and Run Contests
Another clever way to get more likes is to run contests and have the only people who like your page participate. People love contests and will most likely invite their friends to participate, which will increase your likes and followers. You can also use giveaways and discounts to encourage more likes. For example, you can entice your people to “like” your Facebook page in order to receive a discount for a product/service you are offering.
7. Share other People’s Posts
Sharing posts from other people’s pages will also get you more likes- and followers as well.
8. Comment on Blogs and Forums
Commenting on blogs and popular forums will not only greatly improve your SEO, but will also increase the reach of your Facebook page, which will of course attract more likes and followers.
With these tips on how to get likes on Facebook page, it will only take a few days to increase your likes by tenfold- hopefully.